NICOA SCSEP Central Region Employment Specialist
We are currently seeking a full-time Employment Specialist to join our team in Oklahoma City, OK. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled in Oklahoma City, OK.
Recruit eligible participants for SCSEP. Locate and coordinate job training sites and private sector employment opportunities for SCSEP participants. Provide individual employment planning, follow-up assessment and job search assistance.
- Recruit potential SCSEP participants through advertising, promotion and personal contacts with individuals, organizations and agencies within assigned geographic area.
- Conduct enrollment activities to include: intake, eligibility determination, assessment, counseling, documentation, collection of required paperwork to ensure service levels will be met.
- Submit all appropriate documents for participants and host agencies within required time frames.
- Complete and submit Participant IEP and Assessment within 90 days after start date.
- Monitor and document progress of participant sand update IPE and assessment no less than every six months or as often as necessary.
- Provide orientation and training to participants and work site supervisors as needed.
- May assist with collecting and submission of timesheets on a bi-weekly basis, checking for accuracy, proper signatures, pay period beginning and ending dates, ID numbers and reported In-kind hours.
- Develop and coordinate contacts within the area to enhance job development activities with host agencies, public and private organizations/employers to create both subsidized and unsubsidized job opportunities for participants to ensure entered employment goal will be met.
- Make recommendations for establishing Memorandum of Understanding with SCSEP partners in the service area for approval by the SCSEP Director.
- Provide SCSEP Program Manager with statistics concerning enrollments, completions and entered employment.
- Assist in assessment of program management as needed.
- Assist the SCSEP Program Manager on all matters pertaining to participants, host agencies or other developments that may impact project operation locally statewide or nationally.
Two years of college and with a minimum of three years relevant experience in social and/or aging services.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that values workplace diversity.
The position is funded by a U.S. Department of Labor grant is contingent upon availability of funds.